Monday 7 March 2022

Airgraph No 14 The squadrons keep pretty much to themselves

 Airgraph No 14

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

3rd  February ‘44

 

Dear Mum,

                  It’s only two days since I sent you one of these airgraphs but to-day I received three letters from you & this is just in answer to them. The letters I received were No’s 105, 107 (1.12.43) & 107 (6.12.43). no doubt one of them is meant to be No. 106.

Glad to hear that the green material I sent Bet was suitable. Haven’t seen anything over here yet but may get hold of something shortly.

I haven’t seen Alan Sherwood lately. I must go down there one of these nights. The squadrons keep pretty much to themselves & the only times we see one another is at the two-up, & then it’s only a certain few.

Next time Tom Williams rings up tell him that, if I can get a couple of weeks home leave, I’ll change places with him anytime. Any of those boys who envy me can swap places too.

With a bit of luck I may get to see Johnnie Curtis shortly, seems as if we have a good chance.

Have you got all the letters that I have sent since I came over here? If so, hang on to them ‘cos I want to go through them when I eventually get home. No more now so I will close.

Much love to Dad & the family                                             Lovingly Yours                    Frank

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment