Thursday 17 March 2022

Air Letter , (3) 23.9.45 I don't know the date of the wedding yet

 

Air Letter , (3) 23.9.45


AUST. No 34171 
Cpl Cooney, JF., 
c/o AUSPOST KODAK HOUSE, 
KINGSWAY LONDON 
ENGLAND 

23rd SEPT. ‘45


            Dear Mum,

                        Sorry I have to write this in pencil but all my gear is packed up & I don’t know exactly where my pen is.

            The main reason I am writing to-night is to tell you that I am at present in transit camp near Hanover & waiting for a train to take me to Ostend where I will be getting a boat for England & from there to Aussie.

            I have to be at No 9 Holding Unit by the 27th. I don’t know when the boat is leaving but if it is before the end of next month I will be going AWL so that I miss the boat because I’m definitely going to get married before I leave & the Banns have to be read out for three weeks before the event so I won’t be getting on the boat before that.

            I don’t know what the date of the wedding is yet but I will write or send a cable as soon as I know definitely.

Don’t be surprised if the phone rings one morning, Mum & I answer because if possible I will ring from London & let you know what’s doing. If possible I will ring before lunch-time on a Wednesday or Thursday.

            I have a 23 hour train trip ahead of me to-morrow so I had better close & get some sleep.

                        Regards to Dad            Lovingly Yours

                                                                                    Frank

  

No comments:

Post a Comment