Monday 7 March 2022

Airgraph No 12 A cake from sisters in Wagga

 Airgraph No 12

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

24st  Jan ‘44


Dear Mum,

                  Your airgraph No 12 (9.1.44) arrived here to-day. Also received two from Betty. I woke up to the fact that letters No 91 & 94 were airgraphs I think I sent you an airgraph to tell you so.

Tell Dad that it’s been cold enough over here to give anyone chilblains but somehow I haven’t had any at all. The weather at present is very good the sun is quite warm & the nights are cold but not windy like they used to be. We were issued with leather jackets the other day & they keep us warm.

I received a cake to-day from a couple of sisters in Wagga. I wrote to them some time ago & told them if they didn’t send me a cake soon I wouldn’t write any more. I only said it as a joke but they up & made me one. I’ll have to try it on others.

If I have time to-morrow I will write & tell you about my leave. Had a rather quiet time so the letter won’t be a long one.

It’s good to hear that Bet is still keeping well I still keeping well I still have hopes of being home in time for the coming event.

            Much love to all at home                                      Lovingly Yours    Frank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment