Monday 7 March 2022

Airgraph No 13 We look like staying here until it’s all over.

 Airgraph No 13

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

1st  February ‘44

 

Dear Mum,

                                    I haven’t much to tell you this time except that I am having a book sent to you. It is a book on the doings of the RAAF for 1943. I don’t know what it will be like but last year’s was rather good. We pay for it here & it is posted to you from somewhere in Aussie. Let me know if you receive it alright.

                  The couple of parcels that I sent from here should just about be home by now. I will be looking forward to an Airgraph saying that you have received them. Can’t understand what could have happened to Betty’s pyjamas & kimono. They should have arrived long ago. Should hate to lose them now after keeping them for so long.

I had hopes of being home in time for Betty’s blessed event but can’t see it coming off now.

We look like staying here until it’s all over.

Received an airgraph from Mrs Palmer to-day so must set to & answer it.

Much love to all at home.  Lovingly Yours                     Frank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment