Wednesday 29 December 2021

Airgraph No 22 Quite a bit of sea mail arrived

 Airgraph No 22

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

19th March ‘44


Dear Mum,

                  Quite a bit of sea mail arrived a couple of days ago but the medical orderly pumped another needle into me & my arm has been too sore to write until to-night. From you I received No’s 113,114,115,116,117. Also airgraph dated 1stMarch.

In an airgraph I had from Norm Dunn last week he told me he was going up to have a yarn with you. Has he been up there yet?


There is still a chance that I may get to see John Curtis before I come home. Still hoping anyway.


I sent the Buxton family a Xmas card. Do you happen to know if they received it. I’ve had no answer. The airgraph is the only word I’ve had from Mrs Carter but I’m expecting a letter by sea mail.


Seeing as how it was so easy for the ‘great corporal’ to get home makes me sorry that I’m not married.


Tell Dad that I’ll probably be able to keep up a steady flow of those things that are making his mouth water even if you do get a surprise each time.


The weather has been much better this last few days & the squadron has done quite a few good jobs. It’s a pity I can’t tell you about them. Would at least be something to write about.

No more now. Love to Dad & the family

Lovingly Yours     Frank /

 

No comments:

Post a Comment