Wednesday 29 December 2021

Air graph 14 - 2 Please don't stop sending papers

Airgraph No 14 - 2

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F., 
 Cent. Medit. Forces 

11th  February ‘44

 

Dear Mum,


                  It’s ten days since I wrote to you but news has definitely been scarce. However to-day I received three letters from you so that at least gives me something to write about. Letters were 108, 9 & 10. I received an airgraph from Ivan Hansen about ten days ago but he didn’t say anything about ringing up home. He told me he was on 40 days leave & had to report to the Bris. C.O. the following Monday for medical board for a discharge. I suppose he will be out by now. Ivan was one of the best blokes in the squadron.


For goodness sakes please don’t stop sending papers & reading material over here even if the P.O. is under-staffed. Papers are all we have to read at night & in our spare time. The more reading matter you can lay your hands on the better.


The dozen or so photos I sent weren’t in the letter I sent from Cairo, so that’s two letters you’ve missed out on.

The cash hasn’t arrived yet but it should be here soon, I’m not in any particular hurry for it.


Bruce Crabtree must have had a good spill off his motor bike. I received an airgraph from Aunty Molly a couple of days ago & she told me all about it. I can’t find enough news to fill an airgraph in answer to Aunty Molly’s


No more now, love to all at home                                                         Frank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment