Wednesday 29 December 2021

Airgraph No 17 Dave (the debt collector)

 Airgraph No 17

AUST. No 34171 LAC Cooney, JF No. 3 Squadron R.A.A.F.,  Cent. Medit. Forces 

21st  February ‘44

Dear Mum,

                  I only wrote to you yesterday but I’m writing again to-day, not with any news, but to get you to do something for me & this is it.

When Ivan Hansen left here several of the boys owed him money & he wrote to one of the chaps in my tent asking him to collect it & send it home.


The money has been collected & now the trouble is to get it home. We decided that if Dave, (the debt collector) gave me the money I would be able to write to you & you could draw the money & send Ivan a cheque for the money. The amount involved is £13 sterling or £16 Australian so if you send a cheque for £16 everything will be square. Ivan’s address is Mr I.W. Hansen, 74 Wood St, WARWICK, QLD.


Let me know if you can’t follow this but I think everything is clear enough.

The money you are sending hasn’t arrived yet & now I won’t need it. I’ll let it build up a bit & then send it back again together with a bit more.

Love to all at home                                   Lovingly Yours   Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment