Wednesday 29 December 2021

Airgraph No 21 The main star was Sandy Powell

 Airgraph No 21

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

14th March ‘44


Dear Mum,

                  Quite a few days since I wrote to you last but it’s the same old story of no news. We have at least had a couple of good days in the last week which is at least a bit of a change.


I received an airgraph from you yesterday, No. 17 & another one to-day dated 25/2/44. Also received one each from Norm Dunne & Fred Lowe.


John Day certainly must have made a hit with Qantas to get sent where he did. He must have a good job now. If you can find out his address you can let me know & I may drop him a few lines.


I’m glad to hear that the two  parcels arrived Ok. I had no idea what colour the bedroom was when I obtained the bedspread. If I had known that it was green I could have got a green one of the same design. Sorry you were disappointed when you opened the one containing the ‘linen’. I thought I had written & told you about it. Don’t be surprised if you get something similar in the very near future. Tell Bet not to be surprised if she receives some too.


A couple of days ago I went to a good concert at a nearby town. The main star was Sandy Powell. It was quite a good show.


No more now. Love to Dad & the family

Lovingly Yours     Frank

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment