Wednesday 29 December 2021

Airgraph No 19 Tell him that his second cake was as good as the first

 Airgraph No 19

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

2ndMarch ‘44

Dear Mum,

                  More mail arrived yesterday. I received two from you, No’s 111&112 written 2ndJan & one from Betty.

The £40 also arrived yesterday. I don’t think I’ll need it now but will hang on to it for a while.


Next time you see Sam Bodimeade tell him that his second cake was just as good as the first one. I finished it off on guard last night.


I have been expecting to hear that the two parcels & the book that I sent about Xmas time, had arrived. Have No’s 3 & 4 for Dad packed up & ready to send. Will probably get them away to-morrow morning.


There’s still not enough news to fill a long letter but don’t worry as soon as something worth writing about turns up I will send a long one.


I don’t think I mentioned that a week or so ago I sent you five copies of “Parade” magazine that is issued to us.

Rather cold here again tonight – have got the old coke fire going & its warm enough in the tent.


‘Stork’ had a letter from Ivan Hansen yesterday, Ivan doesn’t seem to think much of home stations after being over here for so long but says he will put up with it.


No more now. Love to Dad & the family

Lovingly Yours     Frank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment