Wednesday 29 December 2021

Airgraph No 20

 Airgraph No 20

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron R
.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

4th March ‘44


Dear Mum,

                  Yesterday afternoon I received two airgraphs from you (No. 16) & one from Aunt Molly then this afternoon I received two from Betty.


Glad to hear that the book about the Vatican City arrived home OK. I can’t remember what snaps it was that I sent you so I can’t tell who the boys are.

The parcel containing the bedspread & one full of things for Dad were sent about the same time & they should be home by now. Looks as if that five quid has gone west.


The weather has been quite warm for the last two days & so we have been rather busy. However to-night has brought more wind & the sky is very overcast so we will probably get some more rain. This Italian weather is almost as bad as Melbourne’s.


I sent two more parcels for Dad this morning No.3 & 4. The first two were sent about a week or so ago. If you are able to get any Cocoa will you put some in my next parcel. The last lot was pretty good. We used to be able to get it at the canteen but we can’t get any more now.

No more now. Love to Dad & the family

Lovingly Yours     Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment