Tuesday 15 February 2022

Airgraph No 29 Betty, Leo & Junior

Airgraph No 29

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

 5thJuly ‘44


Dear Mum,

                  Do not know if I have the right number on the airgraph because I have been a bit mixed up with my mail of late. I sent you an air mail letter a couple of days ago. We only get one a week as yet but may be able to get more later on.

Your airgraphs No’s 33, 34 & 35 arrived here this morning. It’s good to hear that mother & child are both doing so well but I can’t say I like the crack about the child’s ears. Tell Betty that if there is anything she wants for him & thinks I may be able to get over here just to let me know what it is.

I went up to see Alan Avery this morning but he is in Rome for the day. I will probably see him to-morrow.

                  We haven’t received any parcels or papers for quite a while now but some should happen along soon. I hope so anyway because I’m getting a bit sick of the same tucker day after day.

The weather the last week or so has been extremely hot but we are fortunate that we have a small cool stream quite close to our camp & we can have a dip between jobs, while the kites are being   XXCENSOREDXXX.

I have quite a bit of washing to do sometime today so I had better get on with it whilst I have the chance.

         

                        Much love to Dad, Betty, Leo & Jr.

            Lovingly Yours                                         Frank

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment