Tuesday 15 February 2022

Airgraph No 27 Needles every two or three months

  

Airgraph No 27

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF
 No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

8th May ‘44


Dear Mum,

                  I received letters No’s 125,26 & 27 yesterday afternoon, also airgraphs 26 & 27. It wasn’t until I read your airgraph No 24 that I understood what you meant by the Ready R. but I think I can do something about it. Will let you know next airgraph.

                  You were wondering if I had been sick because I had had some needles. The last ones we had were something new, a typhus preventative, but we get a needle of some sort about every two or three months because their usefulness only lasts a limited period.

I had no idea the Buxtons had moved because I haven’t had a letter from any of them since I left home.

I haven’t had any word from George Brissett either. I hear from Fred Lowe quite often so I told Fred to look for George & to tell him it’s about time he answered my letter.

                  The weather has continued to be warm but the water is still too cold for swimming. Most of the winter snow has disappeared & the waters have run down into the sea so you can imagine how cold it is in the water.

    When Ivan Hansen left here we all expected him to be discharged as soon as he arrived home because he had Tinea (?hard to read this word) so badly. He still seems determined to get out of it & into some essential job. Hope he can make it.

                  

                No more now but will write again soon. Love to all the family                Lovingly Yours     Frank

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment