Tuesday 15 February 2022

Airgraph No 25 The Yanks certainly wreck a girl

  

Airgraph No 25
AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces 

22nd April ‘44


Dear Mum,

                  I received letters No’s 122 & 123, airgraph no. 24 & parcel No 29 from you yesterday. The cake just got here in time because it was just starting to go bad.

                  I’m glad you like the bedspread so much. Re the price it actually cost me very little but on the stall they were listed at about 30/- sterling. I think I forgot to pay for it. In fact that’s what I did do.

                  The wedding cake carried very well & naturally didn’t last very long at all.

Received a letter from Bill Alfonso in this mail. He said he has been up in the islands for quite some time & doesn’t seem to think much of the place. Also had a letter from Mrs Carter (Randwick). She told me that Betty N. had been out to see her the week previous. She said it was hard to imagine how a girl could change as much as Betty had. She lost her baby but said she didn’t want it anyhow. Her Yank husband has left her & Betty is hitting the hot spots. Mrs C said the yanks certainly wreck a girl’s life. If I can find the letter I will send it to you.

The weather’s still quite warm here but the surf is still too cold.

No more now. Love to all at home                                                                         

                                                Lovingly Yours

                                                                          Frank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment