Tuesday 23 November 2021

Airgraph No 8 Xmas dinner in the mud

 Airgraph No 8

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces

29th  Dec ‘43

Dear Mum,

More mail arrived here yesterday I received No’s 100, 101 & 102 from you & No 42 from Betty. Betty’s letter containing photos of the wedding, has not arrived yet. I’m afraid it may not get here either because photos cut the edges of the envelopes. When your letter containing he photos arrived here it was stuck up with paper so I expect Betty’s was in a worse condition. I will send your envelope back in my next letter & let you see what it was like.

Christmas dinner went off very well indeed but we had mud up past our ankles while we were eating it.

We thought we were in for a heavy fall of snow yesterday but a gale sprang up & most of it went over our heads. We did get a bit though & by the feel of the wind at present we will be in for a good bit tonight. It’s bitterly cold.

Well, Mum, these forms are too short so I will close & write a letter

Much love to Dad, Bet & Leo,         Lovingly Yours     Frank

 


No comments:

Post a Comment