Tuesday 23 November 2021

Airgraph No 2 Parcel for home

 Airgraph N0 2

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces

27th  Nov ‘43

 

Dear Mum,

                  I posted you a large letter the day before yesterday telling you all about our leave & also a small booklet on the history of Capri. I’m sending you this to tell you that as soon as I get some cloth I will wrap up a parcel & send it home. Actually the main contents of the parcel is for Aunty Molly but there are also a few little things for you.

I was in town yesterday & I got hold of a big illustrated book about the Vatican City & although it is written in Italian, I thought Aunty Molly would like to have t to take up to the church. The book weighs 8 ½ lbs, is 18” x 12” & about an inch thick so you will know it when it arrives. No doubt Aunty Molly will be able to get someone to translate it into English.

There will also be a small oil painting (about 4” x 5”) in the parcel. you should be able to get a frame to put around it . Also a few post cards of the island.

It is nearly time for supper & to-night we have a kerosene can full of beautiful mushrooms so we are going to have them fried on toast.

I’ve been writing here all this time & I’ve forgotten to tell you that yesterday parcels 21 & 22 arrived. I haven’t cut the cake yet but it certainly looks good. Thanks very much for same.

Much love to Dad, Bet & Leo,  Lovingly Yours                              Frank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment