Tuesday 23 November 2021

Airgraph No 6 Duck shooting

 Airgraph No 6

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces

17th  Dec ‘43

 

Dear Mum,

                  Some time since I wrote last but news is scarce. Nothing of interest has happened over this way.

The last three nights two of the boys & myself have been out duck shooting. The first night we went out we had good luck. One of the boys had a shot at three ducks on the wing & the lot of them came down. A bit later one came over on its own & he came down too. I got second highest score with one duck & one night hawk. The third fellow got nothing. It was the firt time I have ever had a shot with a shotgun & I came home quite pleased with myself. The last couple of nights it has been a different story. The other two have got a couple each & all I’ve succeeded in doing is filling the sky full of shot. That first duck must have been very, very unlucky.

The weather for the past week has been a bit better than usual. We have only had one wet day but the camp area is still a sea of mud & it’s just as cold as usual.

No more now but will write again soon.

Much love to Dad, Bet & Leo,         Lovingly Yours     Frank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment