Tuesday 21 September 2021

                                                                         Letter No. 89

AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F. 
MIDDLE EAST

12th May ‘43

 

Dear Boop,

I have just finished writing to Mum & this is only a short note in answer to your letter No.22.

You asked me to send you a few snaps home, but, although, I have taken a good few since last October. I have not been anywhere where I could get them developed. However one of the boys out of the tent is going down to Alex. Tomorrow on a months sick leave & so I will give him all my films & he can get them printed for me.

We will probably be moving back a bit as soon as this show is cleared up. How far back we are going I can hardly guess but I may be able to get hold of a bit of dress material for either yourself or Mum. Anyway I will keep my eyes open  & see what I can find.

The country round here is very good indeed & quite a change after being so long in the desert. Whereas in the desert we only had miles & miles of flat, sandy country we are now in country where there is dozens of olive groves & orchards growing apricots, peaches & almonds. There are also many vineyards which stretch as far as the eye can see in all directions. All the other country is cultivated & growing either wheat, barley or corn. I definitely don’t feel like going back into the desert again but if we do go back into it for a while I think it will only be until we are re-equipped & trained for a new front. That is, of course, if we are going to be in the new front, however time alone will tell.

Well, Bet, I’m afraid that’s all I can write for the present but I will write to Mum soon & tell her about Tunis.

Much love to Mum & Dad & my regards to Leo

                                                                         Tons of love,

                                                                                          Frank /

No comments:

Post a Comment