Saturday 3 October 2020

                                                                                 Letter No 57
 AUST. No 34171
LAC Cooney, JF
No. 3 Squadron
R.A.A.F.
MIDDLE EAST

21st Jan ‘43

Dear Boop,

 

                  As I told Mum, this is the day we have been looking forward to for a long, long time. What with enough water to have a bath & four & a half tons of parcels & mail for us we hardly know ourselves. This letter is in answer to your Letter No 15.

                  By now you will probably received my letter number 32 in which I told you about our trip over so there is no need to tell you any more about that now.

                  I’m sorry I made the mistake in thinking that Mum cooked those biscuits but I will see that it doesn’t happen again. I’ll return the empty cake tins as soon as I can.

                  That woman who reads the cards might have a lot of sense in her saying regarding everything except the stripes. I only hope she is right.

                  Your letter number three arrived here about the 22nd of Nov. & I answered it about the same time. The proof of your photo was a very good one & I was going to send it in to the A.I.F. new office, but I left it out of the black paper for a while & all the colour went out of it & so it was too dark to be printed.

                  Re the wedding dress material I will see what I can do when & if we get some leave & go back to Alex or I may be able to get some in Tripoli.

                  I showed Rex the photo of you & the two kids having a party & he said that you are to keep away from the milk & chocolates ‘cause you are getting far too plump.

                  That’s all for now but will write again shortly

Much love to Dad & Mum & regards to Leo

                                                     

                                                                        Lots of Love

                                                                                          Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment