Tuesday 23 November 2021

Air graph letter 110 Arrived back from Naples

 Airgraph Letter No. 110
AUST. No 34171 
LAC Cooney, JF 
No. 3 Squadron 
R.A.A.F.,  
Cent. Medit. Forces

23rd  Nov ‘43

 

Dear Mum,

                  I arrived back from Naples last night & received three airgraphs from you written on the 12, 15th & 22nd October. I will send you a letter by ordinary sea mail & tell you about our leave.

                  Bundles of papers have been coming along rather regularly but it’s a long while since any parcels have arrived & if ever I could do with a parcel I could do with it now becase the food for the last month or six weeks has not been as good as usual.

                  When I write to you about our leave I will also write to Rex’s wife & tell her about it. I sent an airgraph to her a week or so ago. It’s very good of her to send me a parcel for Xmas.

                  I’m glad to hear at last that the parcels I had sent from Cairo arrived home ok. I suppose Betty’s pyjamas have arrived by now. By the way, I haven’t heard anything from Bet for months.

                  Some time ago I wrote  & told you that I wouldn’t need to get any money sent from home but now I find that I will need some, because my leave took nearly all I had in my paybook & now the squadron is starting another 14 days leave in Naples & so I will need a bit more than I can mount up in my paybook. You had better send me £40 Aussie. Pay it into my credit at the District Finance Office, Dymocks Buildings, George St, & they will send it on to me. If I don’t need it all I can always send it home again. Send me a cable as soon as it’s on its way. Much love to Mum, Dad, Bet & Leo

                  Lovingly Yours                      Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment